Helen – my mom.
12.17.29 – 3.29.74
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
5 thoughts on “Mom”
Now *that* is a haunting photo…
And oh! It all looks different here – I’ve been reading through my email subscription for ages!
Hi Emma. I chose this photo over others because she looks so happy. I also like the ghostly effect (out of focus). And there’s something about that road behind her… it looks like she’s turned back from it for a minute, before going.
It’s a very old photo, before I was born. I think the blur best represents how time fades memory. I miss her.
I really like the photo. It’s a specific time and place,and she is looking at the camera a bit impatiently, as if to say, this road is calling me. Or am I dramatizing?
I think the pose reflects a time in her life (before I knew her) when she was relaxed.
And I also think her expression is a reflection of who is taking the picture. I see affection, possibly love.
There is something about this photo that makes her seem eager to go on, but like you, I am hesitant to say that’s true in light of the fact that she lived such a short life. I may be dramatizing too.
In any case, the road seems a glimpse of what was to come.
She was so pretty. You’re right, this photo is very intriguing.